Blue Star Construction offers quality construction and home improvement services in Tennessee.
Our labor crew consists of skilled veterans, hand-picked for their knowledge and experience with home installations and repairs. We aim to exceed customer expectations with high quality materials and expert craftsmanship for every project.
Causes of Water Damage
Water damage is a common occurrence in Tennessee homes. Any form of sitting water can damage your fixtures and lead to numerous problems if it is not addressed immediately.
Despite the best efforts of homeowners, situations where water enters your home can be inevitable.
Some common reasons for water damage include:
- Plumbing problems
Everyone has experienced plumbing problems at some point. If a pipe bursts while you are outside your home, the standing water can cause your wooden floorboards to warp and swell up. Vinyl flooring can also be affected if water gets underneath its planks.
- HVAC units
HVAC units that are not maintained regularly can accumulate water and develop leaks over time. These leaks could be minor at first, but they have the potential to damage your home in the long run if the water ends up in the wrong places.
- Washing machines
Washing machines are also a common source of leaks. A poorly fitted pipe or a faulty washing machine can flood your home and lead to the growth of mold and mildew.
Water may also accumulate in your home’s crawlspace naturally over time. This could be due to poor grading in the surrounding area that directs rainwater under your home. Some water in crawlspaces may also originate from groundwater rising up from the subsurface.Water from these areas rarely gets into your home, but it could encourage wood rot. This can weaken your home’s structure if isn’t addressed quickly.
Identifying water damage
Some types of water damage are immediately apparent when there is standing water in your home. However, many forms of damage are easy to overlook if you don’t know what to look for.
Look for the following signs of water damage in your home:
- Stains and water rings
If you notice stains and water rings on your walls and/or ceilings, it could indicate leaks in your pipes. You may also be able to hear leaks in your walls if your home is quiet enough.
- Sagging or swollen floorboards
Floorboards that appear to be sagging or swollen indicate that your floor was exposed to water for an extended period of time. This could also be a sign that your washing machine or dishwasher has developed a leak.
Water damage/water mitigation services
If you do discover signs of water damage in your home, get in touch with Blue Star Construction as soon as possible. We offer swift and effective water mitigation/water damage services for Tennessee homes.
Water remediation can be a sensitive task, so it’s best to leave it up to our experienced professionals.
Why choose Blue Star Construction
Tennessee residents choose Blue Star Construction for:
- Unparalleled customer service: We strive to keep our online communications efficient, helpful, and informative. We are always ready to go the extra mile for our customers because we consider them family.
- Speed: We complete each activity with the utmost speed and efficiency. Whether it’s providing quotes or completing a renovation, Blue Star Construction aims to get the job done in time.
- Technology: We use cutting-edge satellite technology to create 3D renderings of your home. Our advanced digital quoting and digital sign off systems offer customers swift and convenient methods for receiving estimates and completing approvals.
- Financing: Customers who choose Blue Star Construction can pick from a variety of financing options that extend far beyond just cash and checks.
Get in touch with Blue Star Construction in Tennessee today to learn more about our water mitigation/water damage services.